Sr. Manager, Americas PR
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco, Melbourne & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
The role reports to the Director, Americas Marketing, and will play an integral part of the Americas regional marketing team (USA, Canada and LATAM).
The Sr Manager, Americas PR is responsible for supporting the strategic PR efforts of Sonos and developing the Americas regional program of media outreach for the brand and product portfolio, Sonos Radio and our Professional offerings. You are accountable for managing all aspects of the Americas public relations and advocacy strategies, including consumer lifestyle and tech media outreach, earned campaign development and the continual evolution of the americas advocacy program. You provide strategic and functional leadership to the LATAM Marketing Manager and will manage the Americas PR specialist as well as our PR agencies of record across the region. You will work closely with your counterparts in the Global PR and Advocacy team, including your opposite numbers in APAC and EMEA, as well as cross-functional partners on the Americas Marketing Team and Americas GTM organization.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Sr PR Manager with experience working with Global Consumer brands at either a Regional or Global Level. The role will have a strong focus on building relationships with the Global Communications team, Product Marketing team, Sonos Radio team, Global Marketing Operations team, PR agencies, Americas GTM team as well as other global teams as required. The right candidate will be creative, collaborative, energetic, results oriented, and driven by a passion for the Sonos brand and have an understanding of and affinity for our target consumers. You will also have a proven track record in taking a Global strategy and adapting it to suit the nuances of the local market.
Your success will be measured on your ability to drive Americas PR programs (earned & advocacy), prioritize and manage competing priorities effectively, develop and execute stand out earned campaigns that build awareness and familiarity for Sonos, drive coverage, and build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Some of the regular projects will include developing briefs for the region’s PR agencies and ensuring the resulting campaigns are on brand and on strategy. And, in partnership with other functions, you’ll play a key role in new product and service launches, partnerships, social impact and seasonal storytelling. You will travel as needed to support the business.
- Support the growth of Sonos’ product portfolio, in addition to other initiatives the team supports, by developing and executing integrated brand, advocacy and product public relations strategies. Create compelling messaging, and use your strong media relations skills to coach company spokespeople
- Build and leverage your deep relationships with media and industry influencers authentic earned editorial.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to build integrated strategies across various communication platforms to elevate overarching company-wide initiatives. Manage day-to-day media relations and support the Global Public Relations team, who are the primary contacts for all global media.
- Lead Americas level press asset development including press materials, bios, backgrounders, fact sheets and in-depth media list development, adapting Global press materials where relevant and overseeing localization/translation
- LeadUS/CA agencies across PR & Advocacy ensuring their work is on brand, on strategy, deliverable on time and on budget.
- Oversee PR/Advocacy related project planning and execution.
- Play a consultative role with the LATAM PR & Advocacy agencies working in close partnership with the LATAM Marketing Manager to ensure the LATAM PR/advocacy strategies are aligned with Americas/Global brand strategy/objectives while being culturally relevant to the local market.
- Direct management of the Americas PR specialist
- Lead project/program execution across earned campaigns, new product launches and always on activity in region
- Lead “always-on” media relations for the US, Canada, and provide guidance on best practice media relations to the LATAM Marketing Manager
- Accountability for Regional Advocacy strategy, including budget and agency management. Partner with the Global PR team to craft, pitch, and place high-impact stories that support our corporate narrative.
- Increase impact of paid and earned media by understanding how to amplify editorial coverage through our paid media strategy
- Budget management and reporting
- Identify appropriate coverage for licensing editorial quotes for broad use across the business
- 8-10years of dynamic experience in a dynamic public relations environment
- Experience working for a global matrix organization.
- Experienced team lead and/or people manager
- Strong consumer/tech media relationships and a deep understanding of the digital media landscape and influencer/advocate engagement.
- Proven track record in building and executing successful PR strategies in the consumer electronics, lifestyle and/or luxury industries that drive impact and results.
- Agency management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor degree required (or equivalent experience)
- French/Spanish language skills desirable