Senior Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
The Senior Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist will play an important role in inspiring donor audiences to support the mission of Boston Children’s Hospital. Working with the Digital, Brand & Creative Services, and Corporate Development, Leadership, and Events (CLE) teams, this role will oversee the social media and paid search strategies and programs and ensure alignment with the Trust’s business needs. Their efforts will spur engagement, generate leads, and drive revenue across target audiences for direct marketing and events. They will manage the annual budget to meet revenue goals, coordinate a small team of staff and vendors, and stay informed on industry trends and best practices.
- Work with leaders across Trust departments to drive digital marketing and social strategy and engage multiple audiences and influential communities of donors and prospects.
- Build and execute strategies for social media, and oversee digital agency responsible for paid search campaigns. Use engaging multi-media content, audience targeting, and testing approaches. Set measurable goals, monitor and analyze performance across platforms to ensure continuous optimization and to drive online conversions – donations, event registrations, and other sign up opportunities.
- Manage budget for paid social and paid search for annual and evergreen campaigns. Ensure invoices and billing are handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Oversee Trust’s strategy for organic social, identifies opportunities to amplify and support the work of other teams using social media channels (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook). Manage content calendar for Trust’s LinkedIn Affiliate page.
- Coordinate with hospital Marketing and Web departments to ensure complementary and optimized paid search and social programs.
- Stay current with social media and digital marketing trends, continuing to educate wider teams on innovations.
- BA degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Communications or a related field. Nonprofit communications experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience managing paid media campaigns, including audience targeting, optimizing, analyzing, and reporting.
- Experience with digital advertising platforms (Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager) and publishing and monitoring platforms (Sprinklr, Google Analytics).
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and with minimal supervision.