Head of Content, Joss & Main
Our ambition is to build the world’s largest online specialty retailers with our Specialty Retail Brands - AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main. The market opportunity is large ($60B TAM) and we are well on our way. We are looking for a Head of Content for Joss & Main to help us drive the next phase of growth for our rapidly evolving brand, bringing us closer to achieving Joss & Main’s vision - The destination for an edited mix of the most relevant styles in home, with an omni-channel experience that celebrates the process of creating beautiful spaces.
The Head of Content will be responsible for owning and evolving Joss & Main’s content strategy, and driving the POV for how we bring our brand positioning to life through customer-facing messages across our omni-channel experience. This role represents an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to help shape our brand through our content strategy. The position includes ownership of many high-profile initiatives, including: the continued evolution of our print catalog program, building the content strategy for our influencer and partnership program, and driving how our content strategy comes to life in the forthcoming launch of our Physical Retail stores well as our cross-channel content (e-mail, site, and social media). The Head of Content will report to the General Manager of Joss & Main.
The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record of building winning consumer-relevant content strategies for the home space or adjacent industries. Successful candidates have a strong passion for home furnishings and interior design as well as experience in managing digital content/experiences, and will excel at taking an analytical approach to problem-solving. Applicants should be adept at innovating and standing up new initiatives and possess strong communication, project management, and leadership skills.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee editorial content strategy + calendar, including development, execution and evolution of key concepts and storylines across marketing channels and on-site
- Partner closely with CMO, Brand Manager and Head Merchant to drive strategy for omni-channel campaigns, secure buy-in from channel stakeholders, and and ensure content execution is supportive of the overall business goals and brand priorities
- Brief and partner closely with Joss & Main’s in-house creative team to bring our content to life across channels and on site
- Drive content strategy for our print catalog, including influencer partnerships and contributing to creative briefs
- Oversee management of our homepage content, execution and performance as well as for other priority digital landing experiences
- Oversee forecasting for brand imagery production, ensuring needs across our omni-channel efforts can be met
- Stay abreast of market and competitor trends and tactics (including messaging, calendars, assortment approach, etc.).
- Oversee a team of four direct reports, including 2 to support content strategy and 2 to support digital experience optimizations and performance
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience, including experience in developing content strategy within the interior design space, home decor industry, or adjacent industries (fashion, travel, food)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – the ability to look for (and find) answers in the data and to balance this data-driven approach with creative thinking
- Demonstrated results on self-initiated vision and strategy, influencing senior leaders, and driving measurable business results
- Innovative, outside-the-box problem-solving skills – willingness to push the status quo, be comfortable operating within an ambiguous environment, and bring new perspective to projects
- Entrepreneurial-minded leader with strong creative thinking skills and who has been successful operating in a dynamic and fast-paced, environment
- Articulate, persuasive communication abilities
- True team-player attitude – a positive, enthusiastic, helpful disposition
- Experience in catalogs specifically are a plus